- British Computing Society
- British Psychological Society
- Biologically Inspired Cognitive Architecture Society
- Cognitive Science Society
- British Neuroscience Association
- University of Glasgow Robotics Society
- University of Glasgow FemEng
Service and Memberships
- Glasgow Ultimate Society
- Scottish Mountaineering Society
- University of Glasgow Triathalon Team
- On Student committee for department Athena SWAN chapter.
- Designed and implemented initiatives to encourage students to become STEM Ambassadors.
- Implemented metric gathering mechanism to track demographics of seminar and workshop participation.
- Collaborated with sociology department on evaluation metrics and surveys to ensure validity of efficacy reports.
- Volunteer for STEM Ambassador program.
- Participate in career talks and robotics demos for high schoolers.
- Facilitate and mentor high school robotics team.
SRC Class Representative
- Gathered feedback on courses, program structure, and student experience.
- Participated in Student Council meetings to represent program cohort.
- Collaborated with faculty and staff on program and messaging improvements.
- Troupe volunteer for Girl Guiding program, ages 9-11.
- Volunteer weekly with troupe leading leadership and cooperation building skills.
- Supervise weekend trips to museums and venues around Glasgow.
Mentor and Organizer
- Cogito corporate sponsor and technical mentor for Resilient Coders -- an organization which trains non-traditional background adult students to become software developers.
- Developed a 8-week "boot camp" curriculum for two apprenticeships.
- Trained apprentices in software development practices, and in presenting to company.
Volunteer Mentor & Organizer
- Organized and designed engineering curriculum for Cambridge Inventors Club.
- 40 children age 11-13 each term participated weekly in engineering challenges, including engineering design principles like iterative testing and collaborative working.
- Instructor for Girls Who Code program.
- Supplemented given curriculum with weekly lessons on computer science basics.
- Brought in speakers for work presentations, demos, and artists who employ technology in their work.
- Coordinated logistics of club hackathons, speakers, and outreach.
- Led executive board in creating WiCS mission and club constitution.
- Grew club 4x over two years.
Mentor and Organizer
- Instructor and curriculum designer for the Girls Computer Club for secondary school students.
- Recruited 20 girls from local secondary schools.
- Taught computer science basics, including sorting algorithms, pointers, and python basics.